Minnie Gupta Interview



If ever there was a need for breaking the good-looking-but-dumb model stereotype Minnie Gupta would be the one you’d want to turn to. For here’s a girl that makes it truly difficult to figure if it’s her body or mind that turns you on!


Although Minnie’s parents, who hail from UP and Bihar, weren’t very comfortable with her profession she’s had a brilliant career in the US and has been in several magazines including Playboy (pics below) besides making appearances in music videos and on TV.


But then the 34-24-34 girl also scores with her writing skills, wit and intelligence


In an interview with Steami Minnie Gupta talks about Bollywood, modelling and herself…



Steami: What would you have been if not a model?

Minnie Gupta: A writer. In fact I have written for magazines and keep a regular blog. Writing comes naturally to me. But there’s a side of me that longs for the camera, so I don’t know if I could have repressed it entirely. My sister is a more talented writer than I, and I pushed her to start modeling as well! It’s nice to be able to pursue everything you enjoy.





Steami: How do your parents feel about modelling as a profession?

Minnie Gupta: They hate it. There, I said it. Medicine and engineering were the only acceptable professions in my family. And my parents discouraged my vanity and had to “approve” of my clothes before I left the house. In fact after I hit the age of thirteen, my parents insisited on me wearing a t-shirt over my one-piece bathing suit on the beach. In fact I never owned a bikini until after I moved out of my parents house at seventeen. And now I’m known for modeling bikinis… go figure.

Steami: You’re amazingly good-looking – but were you any good with grades at school?

Minnie Gupta: I was never fond of school yet I excelled early on. It just came so easy to me. It was always like something I just wanted to get out of the way so I could do something more interesting. My entire family is very well-educated, but my attention span was always at odds with school. And it’s worth mentioning that I was a spelling bee champion. In this day and age of text messaging, instant messenger and emails, it is quite a useful skill!




Steami: Do you watch Bollywood movies?

Minnie Gupta: There’s actually some theaters here in LA that always show Bollywood movies. And of course at my parent’s house, my mother has the satellite tuned to all Bollywood, all the time. It’s definitely helped me learn bad words that my parents never taught me. And I believe the bad words are very important in any language. Perfect for when you need to insult someone in their native tongue.

Steami: How was it like to model for Playboy?

Minnie Gupta: I guess you can call it liberating. For a girl who was raised to be obsessively covered up, it was my way of thumbing my nose at it all! I haven’t done any nudity in my career for ages, just lost the urge for rebellion I guess. But if you have a nice body, why not enjoy it, and why not appreciate it? As the saying goes, you wouldn’t throw a blanket over a beautiful sunset so no one else could see it, would you?




Steami: What’s the nicest compliment a guy can give you?

Minnie Gupta: One that’s genuine. I’m very intuitive and not susceptible to flattery. Something that comes from the heart, without any attempts to manipulate.

Steami: Considering your reputation for being smart and a stunner – doesn’t every desi guy hit on you?

Minnie Gupta: Men both fear and desire a woman who’s smart and pretty. I like it that way. It only encourages the brave men. But aren’t brains and beauty a common characteristic amongst Indian women? I’m no greater than the rest, only my career puts me in the spotlight. In my family there are stunningly beautiful doctors, engineers and homemakers. I admire smart and beautiful women who come from all walks of life.




Steami: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Minnie Gupta: That’s hard to say. I was once a bit of a wild child, but that’s faded from my life completely. I went through a lot of bad stuff early on. You could look at them as tragedies, as poor little me, but I never felt comfortable identifying myself as a victim. It was just a matter getting control of my life and realizing I would rather be healthy and happy. So I’m afraid all the crazy things are far gone in the past.

Steami: What kind of guy would get your attention?

Minnie Gupta: I won’t lie and say that appearances mean nothing to me. Physical attraction gets me first. I like them tall, fit and distinguished. No pretty boys for me. Dressed nicely and wearing cologne (Jean-Paul Gaultier is a favorite). But then I am won over with his brains, his sense of humour and his heart.

Steami: Which part of your body do you like more than any other?

Minnie Gupta: My mind… isn’t that obvious?

Taken from : http://www.steami.net

No comments:

Post a Comment